The Benefits You Deserve in a Time of Stress
Your health has forced to you to stay home from work. No job means no income, but the bills arrive in your mailbox all the same.
You’re wondering where to turn next.
Social Security Disability benefits could be a lifesaver for you. The monthly checks help you avoid financial disaster while you focus on improving your health as much as possible.
But winning benefits can be difficult. Most people are denied on their initial application. It’s a stressful process, with opportunities for mistakes on every form.
The experienced disability lawyers at Angelina Valle & Associates have been helping Californians in Salinas and San Jose win benefits for more than 30 years. We know the system, and know how to give you the best shot at receiving the financial support you need.
Whether you’re applying for SSD, appealing—anywhere in the process—our attorneys can help you today.
Am I Qualified for Social Security Disability Benefits?
The Social Security Administration (SSA) operates its own legal system, with its own rules, regulations and even judges. .It’s hard to make sense of it all.
We often see clients whose doctors diagnosed a disability, but the SSA still denied their claim.
Here’s what you need to prove to qualify for benefits :
- Your health issues make working impossible.
- You can’t switch to another line of work.
- Your health will force you to miss at least a year of work.
There are also two different kinds of benefits you can receive:
- Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) is meant for those who have worked a significant amount of time and registered enough credits in the Social Security system to qualify.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) is for those with little to no work history, limited income or both.
Our law firm can help you figure out the best path forward for you and your family today. Contact us and we’ll evaluate your case for free.
How We Help You Get Disability Benefits in California
It’s easy to feel isolated and alone at a time like this. You certainly didn’t want to be in this spot, but you’re here, and now you have a big government program standing between you and the benefits you need.
Get someone experienced on your side, making sure you don’t make any critical mistakes along the way.
That’s Angelina Valle.
What we’ll do for you:
- Help you apply for benefits.
- File a reconsideration if your initial application has been denied.
- Represent you at an appeals hearing with an administrative law judge (ALJ).
Don’t try to navigate this tough process alone. In fact, according to a Government Accountability Office study, you’re about three times as likely to win benefits at a hearing if you have representation.
Give us a call today to get started.